Saturday 25 January 2014

How to do the splits and Australian's riding sharks

So whilst I'm in the land of the beautiful (Australia) I have decided that I should no longer hold back my potential and have what is called a 'TALENT.'

You see at the moment, when I look at a guitar the strings just break, I sing like a hyena and dance like Prince Charles seducing Camilla after too many whisky and pineapples.

Saucy.

I have so often wondered what it would be like to be one of those talented people; picking up numerous instruments and being able to 'just jam a bit of Beethoven,' paint like Picasso or sing like Birdie.

Being in Australia does not help my lack of any talent either.      

You see Australian people have a tendency to do things like this: 


Vs me: 
Vs Me: 


Vs me: 


So as you can imagine, having no skills or talents comes as a minor set back. 

It started on New Years Eve.

I was drunk, yup, and had just seen an annoyingly fit person with no cellulite ANYWHERE do another perfect 'worm'.
This was the breaking point. I put my foot down, feeling my pale leg wiggle wobble as I did it and said:
'I'm gonna (hic) learn how to do the splits.' 

So after the hangover left me a few days later, I got straight on to YouTube.  

I was wearing my best, roomiest pjs and locked the door to my room -just incase I didn't look as elegant as I anticipated. 

 I did a few stretches that I learnt in yr. 8 P.E and simultaneously googled 'splits for beginners' - bendy and multi tasking. Easy. 

I click on one which looks utterly perfect - 'super easy splits for beginners :-) ' - the girl, 'PrincessBallerina1**<3' must be about 12, crazy talkative; American.

It starts off with her chilling on the floor, her legs crossed. I follow suit, hearing my knees crack only a little. 

Then this child shows the first 'beginner' move. 

Holy shit.



She is no longer cute or a child. She is a groin ruiner-er. She may as well have just come out of YouTube and kicked me in the hoo-ha repeatedly. 

After the six minute video I am currently one inch more bendy than I was and in roughly a million times more pain than when I woke up. 

And I walk all funny. 

But I will not be defeated by a child and her Barbie like groin. 

In three months I aim to be as bendy as a a Chinese gymnast who can eat coco pops from a bowl on her arse. 

Ill keep you informed.... 



No comments:

Post a Comment